Directions: Select the best answer for each of the following questions and then click on the submit button.
- Homeopathy traces its roots to the 19th century German physician
- The word "homeopathy" comes from two combining forms; homeo-, for "same," and pathy, for "disease." It was thus named because
A. it is the same as allopathy.
B. "like cures like."
C. of the Law of Similars.
D. Both B and C.
- According to homeopathic theory, various materials found in nature contain an energy field that can exert a healing effect on the body. This energy field can be amplified, or ___________, by a series of dilutions and vigorous shakings.
- A placebo works because
the subject believes that it works.
it is all-natural.
it is powerful medicine.
it is just what the patient needs.
- The system of treating disease by inducing a pathologic reaction that is antagonistic to the disease being treated is referred to as
- The system of conventional medicine that is widely practiced in the U.S. today is often referred to as
- Most homeopathic preparations have been formulated to be taken
through the nose.
under the tongue.
as an enema.
mixed with fruit juice.
- True or False: Homeopathic formulations provide nutrition the body needs to heal itself.
- True or False: Homeopathic formulations rarely have undesirable side-effects.
- True or False: Homeopathic formulations should not be taken along with herbs.
- A "3X" on the bottle of a homeopathic preparation indicates
that the product should be taken three times a day.
that the product should be taken three times a week.
that the ingredient has been diluted and potentiated 3 times.
that the product should not be given to children.