The Urinary System
1. Gormley G J, et al. The effect of finasteride in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia. N Engl J Med 1992; 327:1185-1191.
2. Lang P H. Is the prostate pill finally here? N Engl J Med 1992; 327:1234-1236.
3. Champault G, Patel J C, Bonnard A M. A double-blind trial of an extract of the plant Serenoa repens in benign prostatic hyperplasia. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1984; 18:461-462.
4. Cirillo-Marucco E, et. al. Extract of Serenoa repens (permixon) in the early treatment of prostatic hypertrophy. Urologia 1983; 50:1269-1277.
5. Tripodi, V, et al. Treatment of prostatic hypertrophy with Serenoa repens extract. Med Praxis 1983; 4:41-46.
6. Emili E, et al. Clinical trial of a new drug for treating hypertrophy of the prostate (Permixon). Urologia 1983; 50:1042-1048
7. Bassi P, et al. Standardized Pygeum africanum extract in the treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy. Minerva Urol Nefrol 1987; 39:45-50.
8. Pizzorno J, et al. Pygeum africanum. In A Textbook of Natural Medicine, John Bastyr College Publications, Seattle, 1993.
9. Bush I M, et al. Zinc and the prostate. (Presented at the annual meeting of the American Medical Association, Chicago, 1974.)
10. Fahim M S, et al. Zinc treatment for reduction of hyperplasia of prostate. Fed Proc 1976; 35:361.
11. Castleman M. The Healing Herbs, Rodale Press, Emmaus, Penn., 1991; 272-273.
12. Gaby, A R. Natural treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. In Medical Nutrition Update for Doctors, 1995.
13. Whittemore A, et al. J of the National Cancer Institute, 1995; 87:652.
14. James Herbert, et al. J of the National Cancer Institute, November, 1998.