Natural Health Philosophy
Directions: Select the best answer for each of the following questions and then click on the submit button.
- What is the most fundamental tenet of natural health philosophy?
The body has the ability to heal itself.
Germs are the cause of disease.
Heredity is more important than environment.
- According to Natural Health Philosophy. . .
Prevention is considered better than a cure.
The innate healing power of the human body is recognized and supported.
Doctors are expected to teach.
People should have a greater role in the decisions that affect their health.
All of the above.
- Which of the following is not true of holistic health philosophy?
The whole person is considered, not just the disease or diseased organ.
The innate healing ability of the body is recognized.
The physician's job is to heal the patient.
Nothing in the body occurs in a vacuum--everything is related to everything else.
- The body attempts to maintain a state of equilibrium in its internal environment. This is referred to as
- Which of the following is the most important determinant of our health?
Our health insurance plan
- Which of the following is not one of the "Five Essentials of Health"?
Leisure (Rest and Relaxation)
- Occasionally, new evidence comes to light forcing us to change the way we view the world around us. Such changes are initially rejected by the masses, but eventually they are accepted by most people. For example: Viewing the world as round instead of flat. This is an example of a __________ shift.
- True or False:
Many of the great plagues that have befallen humankind in the past have been the result of unclean living conditions.
- True or False:
Modern sewage and water treatment facilities are largely responsible for the increased lifespans we enjoy today, and have done more to prevent disease than all the doctors, drugs, and hospitals in the world.